Daily Archives: January 1, 2014
There are three months left to this frigid season and after rereading my bucket list posted in November, I was pleased to discover that I’ve actually checked off a few items:
- Go sledding
Make a gingerbread house
- Build a snowman
Decorate cookies Celebrate the birth of Jesus Read through the Christmas story in all four gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John Give someone a secret gift Decorate the tree
- Drink/Make loaded hot cocoa
Drink/Make some “clean” eggnog Look at Christmas lights Watch Christmas movies…there’s a whole list – including the new ones aired on the Hallmark Channel Watch It’s a Wonderful Life simply because I haven’t seen it Watch Charlie Brown’s Christmas Watch the classics from my childhood
- Play in the snow – make snow angels – haven’t done that since I was a kid
Make and deliver treats to neighbors and friends
- Go caroling
Sit by a fire and read a bookSitting by a crackling candle counts, right? Read through my holiday collection or pick up a few new ones from the library Start a new book series…any suggestions? Volunteer Donate food
- Attend a winter festival…St. Paul anyone?
- Have a snowball fight
Watch a play or a musical Attend a Christmas concert
- Go ice skating
Trim the tree Decorate for winter
- Host a winter dinner
- Learn to knit/crochet
- Take too many photos
Send out Christmas cards
- Maybe learn to ski…cross country
- Go on a horse drawn carriage ride
Listen to Christmas music…starting November 1 Bundle up and go on a city walk Take a walk while it’s snowing
Here’s to the rest of the season and may I seek adventure in completing that list! What’s on your list?
I found this cool, short list and thought I’d share it with you all:
- A bad habit I’m going to break: my spending habit
- A new skill I’d like to learn: crocheting/guitar
- A person I hope to be more like: My mom
- A good deed I’m going to do: start volunteering on a regular basis somewhere
- A place I’d like to visit: Colorado? I would also settle for the North Shore
- A book I’d like to read: All of Tim Keller’s books…or I’ll be reading more period.
- A letter I’m going to write: I’ll be turning 29 this year…29 acts of kindness will include letter writing at some point.
- A new food I’d like to try: Something Indian
- I’m going to do better at: Building/Maintaining relationships – Amy, this one’s for you.