2014 is quickly approaching and I am bound and determined to allow it, within the will of God, to be another year of growth, renewal and formation. I know it won’t be easy, but it’s what I ultimately want: him and to become more and more the person he intended me to be at Creation.
That being said, here’s the start of my bucket list for 2014:
- Prep for moving day – August 2014
- Get 4th/5th tattoos
- Take several mental health days throughout the year – to rest in Him and maintain my sanity
- Do more of what I love doing
- Start a new hobby and use it to serve others
- Consider taking on a 2nd job to help with number four
- Saving money for December’s Christmas gifts/making them throughout the year
- Plan a spiritual retreat somewhere and go. Alone.
- Plan at least one date night a week for just me – alone – out to a movie, dinner, a picnic in a park, a coffee-shop paired with a good book.
- Take Mindy Hale’s advice, pair it with God’s and live it.
- Finish writing at least one novel and explore options of getting it published.
- Write more. Period.
- Window shop for inspiration
- Bargain shop for new pieces for my new apartment before/after my move.
- Minimize what I already have – sell/donate what I don’t need
- Menu plan
- Find where my passions and personality collide and find a way to make a living at it – learn to live the dreams he’s given me in a way to honor and glorify him.
- Explore more and discover more of what I love to do
- Volunteer more
- Read more
- Watch less TV/movies – Hollywood’s version of reality sucks anyway
- Create/Make new items for my new home – let creativity flow!
- Build and deepen relationships
- Focus on bettering myself in all aspects of life for his glory – health, fitness, finances, professional, emotional, etc.
- Seek out personal counseling just to hash through any emotional junk I may be dealing with and utilize that to live my life to its fullest right now
- Focus on my relationship with God and keep it my primary
- Live based on a standard of grace, not perfection
- Learn to really like myself
- Live Happyily, whether I find my Ever After or not
- View my “Ever After” in light of the Cross
- Create more
- Take more long walks wherever my feet take me
- Take a few more roadtrips, just because.
What do you hope to accomplish in the coming year? What are some of your goals or, if you’re the type, your resolutions? Will you keep them? Will you break them?
Pray for God’s guidance in making those decisions as we step closer and closer to 2014….less than six days away!