I recently caught the latest release to hit the box office by the Kendrick brothers, Courageous. Overall, an incredible movie and I left feeling emotion rung out and thinking I should have brought a box of Kleenex since the sleeves of my sweatshirt had been left damp due to the amount of tears that had been shed.
Although the movie was geared more towards fathers and men in general, I felt the call in my own life as woman and the following was revamped by another woman to be applied to our lives:
Resolution for Women
- I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.
- I will champion God’s model for womanhood in the face of a post feminist culture. I will teach it to my daughters and encourage its support by my sons.
- I will accept and celebrate my uniqueness, and will esteem and encourage the distinctions I admire in others.
- I will live as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His Word.
- I will seek to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life.
- I will be a woman who is quick to listen and slow to speak. I will care about the concerns of others and esteem them more highly than myself.
- I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
- I will not tolerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in myself r my home, but will embrace and encourage a life of purity.
- I will pursue justice, love mercy, and extend compassion toward others.
- I will be faithful to my husband and honor him in my conduct and conversation in order to bring glory to the name of the Lord. I will aspire to be a suitable partner for him to help him reach his God-given potential.
- I will demonstrate to my children how to love God with all their hearts, minds, and strength, and will train them to respect authority and live responsibility.
- I will cultivate a peaceful home where everyone can sense God’s presence not only through acts of love and service but also through the pleasant and grateful attitude with which I perform them.
- I fully resolve to make today’s decisions with tomorrow’s impact in mind. I will consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.
I also recently picked up a book called The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer. It was inspired by the movie and really looks at the heart of us girls. I’ll be writing up a few things based on what I discover about myself and God as I go through this book, paired with Scripture. Be sure to watch for those! Enjoy!